Monday, January 16, 2012

Hi and Welcome!

If you are reading this, it is probably because you either know me or know my other blog- Waiting on the Baby Carriage. I felt compelled to start a new blog this year because I am so lucky to be blessed with two wonderful amazing children. "Waiting" is no longer a fitting description of our lives.

This blog is going to be about us. Our lives, our journey. Us. My family.

There was a point in time where I wasn't sure if "us" was going to encompass anything more than Justin, myself, and our three dogs. It took two and a half years to get pregnant with our daughter. Two and a half of the longest years of my life. When I finally did get pregnant, I was nervous. Scared. Hoping for the best. Savannah was born via unplanned emergency c-section (after a failed induction) in March 2010. No offense to Justin (I'm pretty sure he feels the same), but we found out what love truly was. It was bundled up in the most beautiful and perfect package. Ten tiny fingers, ten tiny toes, my heart grew a million times when I saw her sweet face. And those cheeks! Those cheeks that have graciously accepted all my kisses and all my nuzzles. Those cheeks that I cannot get enough of!

We assumed that because it had taken so long to get pregnant the first time and because my problems still had not been fixed that adding a second child to our little nest wasn't happening anytime soon. We had used up our miracle. The doctor had said it would only be a 2-3% chance it could happen without medical assistance or intervention. That's a miracle, right?

Life has a funny way of working itself out.

I got pregnant with our second in December 2010 and because I was completely oblivious, didn't find out until the middle of January and was a whole month further along. Two under two...here...we...come. Our son was born in August 2011, 17 months after his sister, via a very successful vbac (vaginal birth after c-section). It goes without saying, but I will say it anyway, our hearts grew even bigger. Our sweet baby boy, also perfect and so handsome, made us fall head over heels in love again. He takes after his sister and has another set of incredible chubby cheeks! All for me to love on.

And so being the center of my universe these days, how could I not give my blog the most obvious name?

It might end up being random. It might end up being funny. Hopefully not very sad. It might end up exposing my faults-- or my strengths. It might make you happy. (Happy you don't have two kids 17 months apart.) ::wink::

Really this, blog is for me. And someday, for my babies, whom I love to the ends of the earth and back. I hope we all enjoy the ride.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment